Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Curl Up and Die - Unfortunately We're Not Robots


Got this on or off the internet and to my surprise when I opened it, it was white/gray marbled! How wonderful! The covers weren't anything to write home about, I get the feeling there wasn't a lot of love put into the physical record, but I love the music. I haven't heard this album in a little while, and just remember jamming to it in the car with Brian. Time to move onto the EP's which i've been told are even better.

I took a wonderful trip back to Pburgh to see Joe, Brian, Rob and others this weekend. We drove up to Erie to ride some serious log. Wait...

We built a raft consisting of 2 giant logs, and rode them like dorothy rides a tornado. Anyways, we enjoyed a sturgeon and cloud free afternoon on the beach at lake Erie and topped it off with dinner at Imperial. Upon arrival back at the double wide we pooped, started a fire, set out some chairs, and cracked open some brewskis. After some delightful catching up and conversation with the boys, and with a miraculous second wind hitting everyone, we decided to take the canoe out for a little lightless night boating. We navigated Snake Island and made our way down a small tributary while the sounds of a mysterious blues guitar in the distance hung in the air like mist on the water. The feeling of vulnerability is overwhelming, surrounded by darkness and unknowing, death was upon us. Frankenfish jumps over the canoe, circling, eyeing us up, like peas in an aluminum pod. Even if frankenfish didn't do us in, the leeches would. I manage to whack it on the head with my paddle, and stun it long enough for us to escape back to the dock.

We made it back safely, and watched revolver before hitting the sack of hay. On Sunday we celebrated our survival with a trip to Old Country Buffet.

In local news, I started carpooling on Monday from Ballston to Fairfax VA and I get the feeling that my new carmate is not going to be too down with record shopping after work. Bummer. Also, I got paid and now have mega cash wads until I have to pay rent. AND I get paid again on Friday so I can get seriously building the record collection. I just need to find some more record stores because nothing beats the feeling of finding a record in the store.

No comments: