Monday, January 5, 2009

Grammy Nominations

I was reading through the grammy nominations, I just wanted to make a few observations.

- Wayne Brady is a nominee for Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance. From the hoe down on Who's line is it anyway to Grammy Nomination. Who knew.
A Change Is Gonna Come
Wayne Brady
Track from: A Long Time Coming
[Peak Records]


- Sara Bareilles is up for 2 Grammys, Song of the year and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. This is just swell.

- I didn't know They Might Be Giants were making kid's albums these days:
Here Come The 123s
They Might Be Giants
[Disney Sound]

- Flight of the conchords is up for best comedy album, I didn't see their name in the folk section, regardless of the fact that they call themselves folk. I guess the Recording Academy has the last say.

- Justice is up for an award for remixing an MGMT song, which seems pretty dumb, I don't really know if both of them get an award if they win or what, but the best remix award is for chumps.
Electric Feel (Justice Remix)
Justice, remixers (MGMT)
Track from: Oracular Spectacular
[Columbia]

No comments: