Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ween - La Cucaracha

I think I probably paid too much for this, but when I saw it in the record store I could not resist. I went to a new place that I hadn't been to yet to check it out called Som Records. It was pretty baller, they are almost purely a record shop, and have a lot of good used stuff and also had a couple crates of new vinyl, where I found this. They had the MGMT LP and I almost got that, with the Black Keys who I haven't heard much of but I've heard things. SOM records probably had the most new records that I actually wanted, and a lot of old rock stuff that I mostly haven't heard of which is usually how it is. But it wasn't a lot of stuff that I normally see in record stores, like old crappy 80's records and stuff, it was a lot of different stuff. So I think this was probably my favorite record store so far, beating out the CD cellar even though they had some good new vinyl as well.

Next stop on the record shop tour is Red Onion Records and Books. They have a mailing list which is nice, and they send out all the new LP's that they picked up every week. It's nice to be able to browse and keep up to date remotely from the convenience of my home. I'm going to stop by at some point this week however and check out the store. Updates to come.

I also ordered like 5000 records online recently because work was a little bit boring this week. So I've got a lot of posting to do in the near future.

On the my life side of things, I think an Asian gay kid has a man crush on me. I went out last night to TWO house warming parties, which were actually a good free time. Anyways we were walking from one house party to a bar or something, and someone spanked my right cheek. I don't know why but I didn't turn around, maybe I didn't want to know who it was, but I'm 90% it was the aforementioned gay Asian dude. Further confirmation of this man crush came upon his asking "So..do you have a girlfriend or what?" I said "Not Anymore", which in hindsight was probably was not the best response. Anyways, he might be moving kind of close to me with these two girls, one of whom I work with, and the other one is a babe who I want inside me. So that could be good or bad. Or both at the same time.

No comments: