Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ratatat - LP3 , Pixies - Bossanova



These both came on Monday, I don't really know why I got the Ratatat record (Above). It was an impulse buy and, as I heard someone on CNN say about Barack, I think most of the pixie dust has worn off. This album is pretty different though, I feel that the bass and drums play a much larger role, or at least the rhythm section seems a lot more prominent than in their other albums. Dura I think is a really good song, but is much better when Andy raps over it, which makes me feel like it's missing something. You know what I mean? It sounds like an instrumental track, but there are some good songs, and album is alright altogether.



Bossanova has one of me favorite pixies songs on it, Dig for Fire, among other classics. Also, I just wanted to further complete my pixies collection. Two to go. Anyways, a lot has happened since I last posted, new post coming in a second.

No comments: